Thursday, August 25, 2011

Life Doesn't Get Any Better Than This


 

I had a little business to do in the quaint historical German town of Regensburg. Fortunately for me, I was able to spend a few evenings in the beer garden of my hotel. A friend said I couldn’t find a bad beer in Germany and although I was only there for a few days, I concluded he was right. I’m going back soon to continue the search.

What’s with the men’s room at the Munich airport? Going to the restroom was a unique experience. All the urinals have a common ‘house fly’ image fused into the porcelain, dead center in the bowl. I was told it cut down on the cleaning requirements for the restroom. This leads me to wonder if German men are poor shots, or are they just not paying attention to their business when their zippers are down? Either way, I have to agree a target makes the restroom experience more interesting even if it is only a fly. By the way, the restrooms were cleaner than I have seen them on prior trips.

Even though my stay was only four days, I managed to gain two pounds. Bavarian food, German beer and Pretzels and all consumed in a setting that brought me back in history 500 years. I can’t wait to return and spend more time sight seeing, lounging in the beer gardens and dining in the authentic Bavarian restaurants. Life doesn’t get any better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment